8.10.10

Bucket List

No comments:
 
Bucket List

My mom is a dreamer. Thanks mom I am eternally grateful for that. Growing up she used to make us (literally, make us) make "vision boards". We would cut out, draw, and write things we wanted to do in this life. She would always say, "if you can see your goals and remind your self of them often you will accomplish them".

She is a living example of what dreaming/vision boards can do. By 53 (sorry for disclosing your age mom) she has:
  • Graduated with Bachelors and Masters Degree
  • Served a full time mission in Peru
  • Had 5 awesome sons and a stellar cool daughter
  • Lived in New Zealand, South Korea, Germany, and the US.
  • Traveled to: China, Thailand, (other Asian countries, I can't remember them all right now), France (this was her weekend getaway while living in Germany), Switzerland, Ireland, Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, Greece, Belgium (and probably more), and she has live and traveled all over the US. If anyone wonders why I am a nomad or gypsy hint hint.........it's from my mother. 
  • Still speaks, reads and can write Spanish even though her mission was over 20 years ago
  • She has had the job of her dreams, house of her dreams, car of her dream, and now she had the man of her dreams
These are just a few of the millions of ideas that have gone on her boards. She is constantly adding new dreams to the board and crossing off the ones she accomplishes.


Seriously this lady rocks and has taught me so many life lessons, #1 be a dreamer.


So here is my Bucket List (well the start of it anyway)
  • Learn to play the piano (right now I can kinda play but I want to be GOOD at playing not just mediocre)
  • Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef
  • Take my kids to Curious Cove; an awesome family vacation camp in New Zealand. My family would go there every Christmas. Some of my most memorable memories come from there.
  • Travel Egypt
  • Go back to Europe with Mike. I would love to revisit: Cezch Republic, Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland, and Belgium. I would like to also go to Turkey, Moldova, and Hungry.
  • Go fishing in Alaska (I love to fish)
  • Learn how to ballroom dance. I love dancing .I don't know how good I am at it but I love it. I'm the girl who secretly wishes she would have danced in high school and played basketball not just done basketball.
  • Start a NGO that takes optometrist to Central/South America to help people with their eyes. Eye care is horrible there.
  • Places in the US to visit: Grand Canyon, Moab, San Fransisco (I love this city), and millions of others but I wont bore you with that list.
  • Go to culinary school
  • Start a small bakery that specializes in bringing desserts from around the world into your mouth
  • Learn to paint. I love abstract art. The feeling you get when you're staring at a painting not knowing exactly what it is but being captivated by its beauty. 
  • Fix up a "Fixer Upper House", not a major fixer upper just one that need interior remodeling done. I love projects.
  • Learn the stock market
  • Serve a mission with Mikey
and much more...........................

Be a Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff