24.11.11

Car Problems?

No comments:
 
 Two Love Birds Learning:

how to take care of a car

Secretly, I would love to be a mechanic. I wouldn't quit my job to work in a garage or anything I would just love to know how to fix my own car.

Don't you always feel like the minute you step into a car repair shop that your bank account suddenly gets sucked dry.

We just got a new car, well not technically new, but it's new to us.  

The things we have learned so far:
1. When the maintenance light comes on in the dash board don't freak out. What it's usually telling you is that it's time for a routine oil change.
2. If your check engine light ever comes on don't take it straight to a mechanic. First take it to your local parts store: Pep Boys autoparts, Auto Zone or any place like that and have them run a FREE diagnostics test (basically they hook up a computer to your car and tell you what is wrong for free).
3. Whenever you are having ANYTHING done to your car be present. Watch what they are doing, this not only helps you learn more about your bar but you are able to make sure they do what they say they are going to do.

*I took the car to get new belts and new transmission fluid. The belts were changed but the fluid wasn't touch. If I hadn't been watching then I would have paid for something that wasn't done. Thank goodness the manager was awesome and believed me when I proceeded to tell him that my fluid had not been changed even though the mechanic said he did it (and they wonder why no one trusts them?). Finally, my fluid got changed and I was back on the road. Major lesson: WATCH YOUR CAR

I would love to start filming my own "How to ............to your car" videos not only to learn how to do the things myself but to help others save money by learning how to fix their own vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff