30.7.10

No comments:
 
Baking Crisis 101

If you want to learn how to have a heart attack continue reading....

This past weekend I had an order for a decorated 1/2 sheet cake. They wanted it to look "Hot Wheels-ish". I had baked the cake Friday night and planned on decorating it Saturday and having it ready for an early Sunday morning pick up.

Saturday night around 5:00pm she called and said she was on her way to pick up the cake. My heart seriously dropped, did a back flip, and started shaking uncontrollably.

This is how our conversation went down:

Her "Hi Nichole, just letting you know I am on my way to pick up my cake"
Me, in my head "who the heck is this and what cake do they think you are picking up"
Me, verbally saying "what, what cake"
Her "the Hot Wheels cake, is it ready"
Me "no, that order is not supposed to be picked up until tomorrow"

Me, frantically jumping on the computer to double check my calendar to make sure I didn't get my days mixed up.

***heart attack***

Huge sigh of relief when I saw "Hot Wheels Sunday morning pick up"

Me, "the email that you sent me indicates that the pick up isn't until tomorrow"
Her, "what, the party is today. Is there any way you can have in done in an hour?"
Me, in my head "who the heck do you think I am? It takes TIME to do a freaking massive 1/2 sheet cake"
Me, verbally answering "I will try my best"


After I hung up the phone I went into sugar over drive. I had one hours to make frosting and filling, get the cake cut, filled, frosted, and decorated!


Thank goodness I had my awesome hubby to help me, we were able to get the cake done and I must say it looked pretty good for such a quick job.


Me decorating, my hands were throbbing! To get the "grass" look I had to squeeze frosting out of this tiny holed tip, it sucked!



Final Product (not as good as I would have liked to do, but oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff