29.6.11

Little Corn Island Part II

No comments:
 
Little Corn Part II

More Diving! One of the beauties of Central America is its cheap diving.


Blowing Rock 2 tank dive, first time swimming with reef shark!

Barracuda



Southern Sting Ray


Squirrelfish


Squid



SHARKS

Have you ever wondered why fish travel is schools (large groups of fish)? 

Answer: Its a natural instinct for anything or anyone who is scared of being eaten 

As we were diving around the Blowing Rock 6-7 reef sharks started swimming around us. Instinctively I swam to the middle of the divers subconsciously shielding myself behind them just in case a shark decided to attack. I had no idea I did this ever time a shark swam by until we got back on the boat and our diving master started teasing me and making jokes about how scared I looked and how I acted just like a school of fish.
Honestly, it was second nature: danger = hide behind someone else so they get eaten before you lol.

Reef Sharks




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff